The Fleet Maintenance Department is headed by the Fleet Maintenance Manager, providing maintenance and coordination for replacement of the City’s fleet of vehicles and equipment. The fleet consists of vehicles ranging from passenger cars to large capacity dump trucks, refuse collection trucks, police cars, ambulances and fire fighting apparatus. The equipment includes sewer jetters, pumps, backhoes, endloaders and tractors.
Major Activities of the Fleet Maintenance Department:
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on all City vehicles and equipment.
- Evaluate and modify vehicles and equipment after minor accident damage.
- Administer a fleet repair record system in order to charge City Departments for work performed.
- Evaluate City vehicles and equipment for replacement and assist with bidding process for purchasing and/or decommissioning of the City’s fleet.
- Coordinates repair work contracted to outside commercial vendors.
Rod Johnson - Fleet Maintenance Manager
415 N. Main Street
After Hours Emergencies (309) 883-9429